Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reunited with Neena in Jakarta, Indonesia

"True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for awhile. Even after years apart, you pick up with them right where you left off..." -- Author Unknown

It's my first visit in Jakarta, Indonesia (December 3-7, 2011) - Dennis is here for work while I'm here to be with Neena - one of my bestfriend from University years. I don't know exactly how our friendship started but it was one of those that just happened.

We are now both married and living lives that we both did not expect... nonetheless we are pressing on... going back is not an option for both of us. We both are changed in many ways...but whenever I'm with her, even after not seeing each other for a long time, we do pick up right where we left off... it's amazing how that works.

I see great strength in her... I sometimes do not understand when others say that she's physically weak... because despite her health conditions I see and feel strength beyond what I've known she is capable of. I see a strong woman ready to take on her journey... and she will not be alone. She has grown beyond her years and I look up to her then and I still do now.

Neena is truly one of a kind. I wish I could say so much more about Jakarta - but my visit really wasn't meant to explore the country but to "pick up right where Neena and I left off" and we did just that. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment